Is TTP90 The Best Glue For Plastic?
The best glue for plastic has to be one with both extreme strength and the ability to bond to most plastics. A third quality which would be useful would be a fast curing speed. TTP90 meets all these criteria and for that reason it is the plastic glue of choice for some of the most demanding consumers.
Strong Glue For Plastic
Road haulage customers demand a strong plastic glue. Their vehicles are designed to withstand extreme abuse in the field. When a plastic part breaks they want to be able to repair it to a strength at least equal to to that before the damage.
Truck repairers trust TTP90 for the pair of plastic lugs (brackets) which break on their wind deflector panels.
Universal Glue For Plastic
With so many different types of plastic it can be near impossible to know which bonding product to use for which plastic. Because TTP90 will bond almost all common plastics it is the preferred choice for many workshops.
Strongest Glue For Metal To Plastic
TTP90 offers excellent adhesion to thermoset composites, carbon fibre composites, engineered thermoplastics, coated metals, wood , concrete and many other materilas.
It is resistant to exposure to elevated temperatures, mositure, fuels, most solvents and chemicals.
Easy to Use Plastic Bonding
The TTP90 plastic bonding product is simple to use. As with any bonding product preperation is key to ensure a successful result.
1. Preperation of items to be bonded
- Ensure the items being bonded are perfectly clean and free of any contamination. Any residual dirt or oil will prevent a bonding product from adhering properly.
- Items to be bonded should be dry. Any moisture will preven adhesive from bonding.
- Smooth surfaces must be scratched, sanded or scored. This is important as it enables the adhesive to ‘grip’ the surface. Medium to coarse grade sandpaper can be used. If the part is large and robust a file could be used.
Before progressing to bonding ensure all items are in place and ready to be bonded. TTP90, once mixed through the mixer tip, starts curing after 90 seconds. So it is important to carry out bonding steps without delays.
2. Bonding Plastic Step By Step
- Remove the cap from the TTP90 Tube
- Put a mixer tip on top of TTP90 tube and twist to lock in place
- Put the TTP90 tube and mixer tip into the dispensing gun
- Squeeze the trigger gently to send the adhesive and activator through the mixing chambers of the mixer tip
- Discard the first 4cm of mixed TTP90 (to ensure what is being used is mixed thoroughly)
- Apply adhesive to one of the items to be bonded
- Place items to be bonded together and into desired repair position
- Remove any residue adhesive
- If possible clamp parts together
- Leave for 30 minutes* to allow adhesive to cure
- Remove mixer tip from TTP90 tube and discard mixer tip. Remove TTP90 tube from application gun and replace sealing cap to top of TTP90 tube.
* TTP90 will cure in 20 minutes at 20 degrees C. If temperature is colder then curing will take longer.